Saturday, November 13, 2010

Ballet is not my calling...


Pointe shoes.
Absolutely gorgeous when they're on professional, experienced ballet dancers.
But, when they're on my feet... it's not that pretty.

Yesterday, I went with my friend Megan and her parents to a Nutcracker rehearsal. While her parents practiced this dancing scene, Megan and I went out into the hall and she let me try on her pointe shoes. I only had them on for about three minutes and my feet were already hurting! She tried to help me get my feet to turn-out and she let me hold on to her while I tried to stand on my toes. I could barely keep my weight up. When I see her dance in them she makes it look so easy. It's not. Have you ever heard this quote? "If ballet were easy, they'd call it football." Yeah, I think I could last longer on a football field.
Just kidding, I wouldn't.
Anyway, I'm excited for this years Nutcracker. I saw it last year for the first time and I fell in love with it. It was such a beautiful performance.
Well, I'm off to find my real calling.
Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment